Thursday, May 31, 2012

PARIS - DAY ONE

We arrived at Gare du Lyon at 9:30 am local time, and took a taxi clear across town on La Peripherique (the bypass that encircles Paris.)

We were able to check in to our home for the next week http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/parbb-courtyard-paris-boulogne/

While we snatched sleep on the train, it was not restful, and I began feeling dizzy, so we took a nap watching the French Open tennis tournament happening live about a half mile from our hotel.

We walked around Boulogne-Billancourt in the afternoon, checking out the self-service laundry, the pharmacy, the food stores...and walking by the Roland Garros tennis park where we will be on Monday, June 4. Be sure to watch and record ESPN or the Tennis Channel that day, because I believe our seats in Suzanne Lenglen stadium will be right above where the players sit during the breaks (he said with hope in his heart.) Unfortunately, it is doubtful we will get to see either of our heros play: Roger Federe or Rafael Nadal.

Furthermore, while I cannot verify this, I think I walked with Rafael Nadal's coach (Andrea's personal heart throb, Uncle Toni Nadal.) I chickened out on asking him if he was (Vous resemblez-vous, Uncle Toni) because if it was, I don't want to be considered a stalker, and if it was not, I would have really felt foolish. But this gent was in blue shorts, white tennis shirt and exited an exclusive gate of the tennis grounds, and a young woman was "kvelling" after having spoken with him! It sure looked like him, but it is also hard to believe it could be him walking on the street with regular people when I saw the huarded spot where the players get dropped off to enter the grounds.

Anyway, I am not sure I will be able to upload photos from this hotel without incurring fees, so don't be surprised if all you get over the next few days is text!

Heading out to do some laundry in our cute little suburb and to eat dinner...

A demain!

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Ah Paris. Hope you get a good nights sleep and I will tape ESPN.
Avec amore,
La Mere